Thursday, December 15, 2005

I’ve been meaning to update my blog for several days now. But every time I find myself in front of Suzy, I would just stare at the blank screen and instead play solitaire -until I feel sleepy. There is always tomorrow. Hehehe… Alas! It’s been two weeks and still no blog and I’ve already broken my record in solitaire :) I’m so lazy, before I would keep a journal and would update it nightly before going to bed. Well, that was 12 years ago. :p

~~~~

Christmas is almost here, ten days to be exact. For the first time in my life (since I started doing it like fifteen years ago) I didn’t put up the Christmas tree or do any decoration around the house (ate lita did it), this is also the first Christmas that I didn’t buy gifts for my godchildren, nephews and nieces. I didn’t feel like doing it. I guess I lost the Christmas spirit already. I just want to finish my duties in our business this holiday and have that long vacation. Christmas party with my girlies will be on the twenty-first, twenty-third will be a small party with our friends from Marikina, a party that Jet planned. I was surprised when he told me he wanted to cook for them and offered my house as a venue without my knowledge… Hehehe! It’s okay. Twenty-Six, Jet and I planned to attend the World Pyro Olympics at Roxas Blvd., some of his favorite bands will be performing there (Wunjo & Kapatid). I hope it will push thru because I don’t have anything to do this holiday. I don’t feel like going to our relatives in Alabang or in Marulas. Honestly, maybe that’s the reason why I don’t feel Christmas this year. I don’t have a family to celebrate it with. The ones I have, I don’t want to celebrate it with them. Why? I have my own personal reasons…

Well… okay. Ever since my sister left for Canada last year, we, I think, just went on our separate ways. Things are complicated between me and my siblings and I don’t want to pretend everything is okay when we’re in a different territory. When we celebrated Nanay’s birthday at home last Oct 21, it was okay that we we’re all under one roof entertaining our friends and relatives but when it is in a different location like my Uncle’s house in Alabang… well, I don’t want to be a wall flower there because I’m not close with my relatives from my mother’s side (or even from my father’s side). Pathetic isn’t it? Nah! If only my sister was here it would be okay for me to go there and be with them. But she’s not and I don’t want to be caught in a “situation”. I would rather be at home on Christmas Eve with my angels (house help). Sad, but I know someday things will change. Things will change.

~~~~


On a brighter side, what I’m looking forward too one of these days is what Jet and I planned for some street children around my area. Last year some of the leftover loot bags I made for children who come to our house every Christmas, were given away to street children around Katipunan Avenue. The reaction was overwhelming. When I heard them say “Salamat po Ate!” “Merry Christmas po Ate!” Wow! The experience just blew me away. Why haven’t I thought of it years ago?! I would rather now spend the money I earned to children less fortunate. I would rather buy food for them and make them smile even though it would only be for one night. Make the “Season of Giving” truly happen.

Jet and I decided to mark it as another one of our yearly rituals.

~~~~

What else is new with me? Still haven’t been to a good movie since Harry Potter, I’ve been dying to see the new Reese Witherspoon movie but never had the chance to do so. I want to watch King Kong!!! Wwhaaa!!!

~~~~

Goodness it’s almost 2am… Better sleep already… Busy day tomorrow… Errr… later I mean. One more week!!! Hang in there kiddo!

No comments: