Sunday, October 14, 2007

Vacation Details...

It was supposed to be a trip like no other. A one week vacation with my friends since high school…

Our plan was, to celebrate my 30th birthday with our friends who are currently based in Malaysia and Singapore. Have a blast. Shop till we drop. Endless nights of kwentuhan and food trips. But due to some glitches in my passport, the said vacation was doomed.

I know it was my fault. I had like three months to get my passport fix but because of my naturally lazy ass, I started working on it just about a month ago, which was not enough considering how some of our government offices work. For the last few weeks I’ve been going around DFA, NSO and the Quezon City Hall. This week I’ll be going back to NSO to get the final requirement then back to DFA to finally have my passport renewed – hopefully.

Jai, already cancelled her vacation leave. Tet on the other hand thought of still pushing through with the vacation with me, but locally instead.

Palawan! Yes… Palawan. Puerto Princesa, Palawan. The cleanest and greenest city in the Philippines.

I started gathering information about the place last night. Listing the things we could do and see around the city, our hotel, restaurants, shopping place (for souvenirs), tours and packages and all the works. And today after sharing them with Tet, she booked the place where we will be staying for 5 days and 4 nights, Puerto Pension for only 2,165.00 each (so economical!) and tomorrow she’ll be buying my ticket. She works for Philippine Airlines and she bought HER ticket for only 17.00 pesos! Talk about good incentives.

I’m so excited already. But I’m trying not to put myself on vacation mode, not until I’m done with DFA. Maybe on Saturday I’ll be uber excited na talaga. Tet and I still have an appointment on Tuesday with my doctor about our Malaria Shots as malaria is rampant in that region. All precautions are needed. Although I’ll be bringing loads of insect repellants, you can’t be too careful enough. Better safe than sorry.

Haven’t thought about what clothes I’ll be bringing with me. I have to keep in mind that there will be lot’s of water activities. Island hoping, the beach, and the underwater river! God! Ever since I saw an ad about Palawan when I was still a kid, that blue green water which was so clear you could see the seabed, I never stopped dreaming that someday I will visit that place. And now, I am. I can’t wait to jump into that crystal clear water (minus the jelly fish) or take pictures under the sea. So underwater camera is a must! If only I could recall how to snorkel… :p

Next… Cebu? Davao? Surigao?

(Cebu – I’ve been there in 2001 and Tet haven’t. Davao – she’s been there this year and I haven’t. Surigao – we both haven’t been there… Hehehe!)

No comments: