Friday, August 19, 2005

I’m so stressed out. Just came from my meeting with Atty. Padilla. But it also feels good that you have someone who really knows the law to give you insights, what to do and what not to do in certain situations. I don’t know why they (my parents) didn’t do this when they were the one handling our family business. Maybe because they believed they were kind enough to our employees, they trusted them that nothing would happen. But people change. They changed a lot. I don’t know why. It’s so frustrating.

Now, although I grew up surrounded by Parva, Solna and Heidelberg machineries, I still feel like I don’t know anything about it. Let alone about all the laws involved. When my sister left for Canada last November 2004, it felt like a blur. I was thrown into a pack of wolves. I was anticipating it. I even had nightmares. I got really scared. I was thinking I’m going to fail the promises I gave her; to take care of the business and Nanay. You know what is more frustrating than having “pasaway” na employees? It is having people you thought you could trust but betray you in the end. For what?! money, power, selfishness or inggit?

God! My Nanay would always say, “walang masamang tinapay”. I salute her for that, for having complete faith in every person she meets. But it also has its downside… people tend to be abusive. They saw it as a chance to get what they want, whatever they want whenever they want.

I feel sad when I think about what might happen in the near future. About this legacy my father left us. A small business (started almost thirty years ago) that gave us a good life. A very good life. For that, I’m forever thankful and in debt to my parents. My only way of repaying them is looking after my father’s grave (he died six years ago) and caring for my mother.

As for the business… I will try to keep my head above water and swim for dear life.

No comments: