Saturday, November 04, 2006

Lashley



Jet almost lost his dog today. Somebody left the gate open.

He went home not noticing that Lashley didn’t greet him when he entered their gate. He went inside his room, fixed his things and prepared food for Lashley and then he realized Lashley was not there. He went outside their gate and called his name, same result. Then he called me…

It was upsetting and I was crying like as if it was my own dog that got lost.

Upsetting because I could hear and feel what Jet’s sentiment was. He was crying on the other line. He was devastated and I never heard him that way before. He sounds like somebody died. It was bad.

Upsetting because I just bought (today) Lashley a leash as a gift so that Jet could walk him around their subdivision and a few weeks ago I bought him a jersey shirt. I love that dog even though I don’t see him that often; he is my boyfriend’s dog after all, my Mandy’s nephew and generally because of my grown fondness of dogs. When ever I buy stuff for my own dogs, I see to it that I would buy something for Lashley too.


We put down the phone because he wants to check again their neighborhood just in case Lashley turns up. He said he’ll call back what ever the result is.

While waiting for Jet, I was recalling what happened earlier. Before we left to visit a church today we even uploaded some photos of Lashley from his phone to my laptop. I was telling him how cute and big Lashley has grown. He even retold me the first day that Lashley came to their house. How between Lashley and his sister Clonecy, it was Lashley that he loves the most even though Lashley is banlag and pandak. On the way to the church we saw so many dogs roaming the street, malnourished and sick. I told him how my heart goes to them and if only I have a big house with a garden I would adopt them all. Hehehe! That would be a riot. Anyway, just tonight before going home, we were talking about our dogs again and never, never ever thought that something like this would happen to either of us.

Fortunately, the friends of his sister found Lashley. Soon enough, Lashley was eating his food and Jet was happy again but emotionally drained.

I was thankful that Lashley didn’t end up as a “pulutan” to any drinking session around their subdivision.

Some people might think that Jet over reacted and it’s “just” a dog. Why make to much fret? For me, it’s not just a dog. It’s a responsibility and a privilege. God gave you a chance to take care of something that he created so do your part and also the people around you should do their part, they may not take care of the creature the same way that you do but God gave you the ability to think… USE IT!

No comments: