Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sapantaha

It’s been a week since Jet started his training at Future Perfect - one whole week of not seeing him and being with him.

I’ll be really really honest - ANG HIRAP!

I got used to seeing him like twice a week or thrice kung super luwag ang sched nya. But ever since he started with the training last Novermber 20, one whole week hindi ko sya nakita. Sa tagal ng relationship namin, this is the longest time na hindi kami nagkita. Hehehe! To think mag thre-three years na kami in a couple of months.

I guess ganun lang ang isang relasyon (as always). You learn to compromise if you want to make it work. Sanayan lang talaga and constant communication AND saying “I LOVE YOU” everyday.

Hay... He still has one more week before the dreaded assessment. Excited sya and at the same time I’m really happy for him. If everything goes well… this is the start of something big for him and me (that’s what he says to me, kasama ako sa lahat ng mangyayari sa buhay nya – which is something that no one has ever told me kaya I REALLY LOVE THIS GUY). So I’m crossing my fingers and praying hard.

~~~~

Yesterday, finally! After a week of missing him so much, he came to our house to fetch me. May gig ang Sapantaha sa San Pedro. First gig! Although I would prefer na we spend the weekend together lang, I cannot let him (and his band mates) miss their first ever gig – I’m not that selfish! And it would be a good chance for me to meet two of his band mates that I haven’t met yet (Edizon and Raffy). Si Christian kasi is his highschool friend and barkada, I’ve met him already (and even tried to match him with one of friends! Hehehe!). And also who wouldn’t be proud to watch your love perform, knowing that he dedicates his performance para sayo diba? Nakakakilig talaga.

So after Q.C. and spending some quality time, we went to Alabang. He showed me the building where he takes his classes. Then we went to ATC to have coffee before the big event. Every now and then he would feel nervous… Nasusuka ang loko… Hehehe! By 7:30PM we were on our way to pick-up his sister and a couple of friends at their place. Nagpalit sya ng shirt while I played with Lashley (his dog) then off we go.

When we arrived, almost every one was there. Pinakilala ako sa mga girlfriends ng friends nya at sa iba pang friends nya that I haven’t met yet. Nakakahiya mang aminin pero ako ang pinakamatanda sa grupo! Hehehe! But I never felt left out. Among the girlfriends nagkakahiyaan pa so medyo tahimik pa kami, I ended up talking to Christian most of the time (at kinukilit parin ako sa proposal nya). Among Jet’s friends I feel close to Christian kasi when Jet and I was starting pa, he was the first closest friend that Jet introduced me to and I know he’s not intimidated (or naiilang) by my age. Which is nice. I miss that guy na nga eh… we don’t get to see each other that much anymore kasi he works na.

Anyways, we waited for their turn. SOBRANG TAGAL! Medyo nakakadala pero iba talaga noh. Once na it was their turn – WOW! Biglang taas ng adrenalin. All original ang songs nila – all three of them. “Mediocre”, “Forsaken For Granted” and “Nostalgia”. They also have one cover song “Messiah” by Sepultura they didn’t perform it though. It was the first time that I heard him sing and perform at ibang-iba sya. I don’t know siguro may halong bias narin ito. Hehehe!!! Kaso iba talaga sya eh… Even though the performance all-in-all isn’t perfect but it was NOT THAT bad. I like all their songs especially the part where he growls. Buong-buo parang demonyo talaga ang dating! Hehehe! And I find it REALLY sexy! HAHAHA!!!

I could feel Jet’s tension. I was really nervous during their performance. I was praying that they wouldn’t mess up. Hehehe! Forget his lines or pumiyok ng sobra sobra that people would start to boo him or magkamali sa instruments, fortunately naman walang nangyari ganun and wala namang nambastos. Everybody was behaved and watching intently. I was with Fatima. I told her na nanginginig ako sa nerbyos and then she told me natatawa daw sya pero kinakabahan rin. Hehehe!!! Two crazy girls! I had wobbly knees sobra! After the performance we were clapping madly. I’M SO PROUD OF HIM. SO PROUD OF HIM...


But of course everything wouldn’t happen without his band mates. Credits to them also for doing their best. CHRISTIAN for looking so cool. EDIZON for being hyper all night and on guitars and of course RAFFY for doing great in drums. For me nagagalingan ako sa kanya magplay ng drums. I wouldn’t know anything technical about it but the sounds – okay sya talaga. Gusto ko yung beat.

After the performance pack-up na. I was hoping we could eat and talk pa about the performance kung hindi lang pagod kaming lahat. Siguro next gig ulit (I’m ready for more). Hehehe! I’m really looking forward to spending more time with them and continue giving my support.

Never ever thought that I would be doing this kind of thing in my whole life. May biruan nga kami ni Jet, groupie daw nya ako tapos ang tawag ko naman sa kanya… My Rock Star! Hahaha!

A very tiring weekend. I got home at around 5:00AM kanina! Imagine uuwi si Jet na may araw na. I was asking him to sleep nalang here at home kaso he said baka hindi na nya maayos gamit nya for tomorrow’s class. So sabi ko sige go nalang pero not unless okay sya to travel.

Finally at 6:00AM I was in bed – dead tired but very much happy.

I will always remember that experience. Going to a gig and watching a band play. A band na lead singer pa ang boyfriend ko. Wagi talaga!

As the saying goes… you’ll never forget your first.

No comments: