Saturday, February 17, 2007

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

What a day! I never saw it coming... :p

I woke up a little bit late. Had my brunch and was planning to just go online for the rest of the day (after being down for four days! Fucking ISP!) When Jet called and asked if I was busy. I told him not so… then he said if I don’t mind meeting him for coffee at Megamall. Huwat! Its 12:30 and I haven’t showered yet and this guy wants me to be in Megamall within an hour. Hhhm… I could smell something fishy here. He’s crazy or he’s up to something really big. Nevertheless, I’ve been missing the guy for days now and I couldn’t wait till tomorrow to see him. So I said yes. And would you believe, within an hour I was in Megamall… Express shower, express bihis, express taxi driver. Hahaha!!!

Coffee he said, but when I got there he was inside Hap Chan (a Chinese restaurant) beside Starbucks. He said it was too noisy to talk in Starbucks, too many people. Ok. I scanned the table and saw an Air21 plastic envelope containing six original CD’s he bought from an eBay guy he met earlier. Six CD’s for eight hundred bucks. No scratch, very much new. Hhmm… okay he just wants coffee after all AND to see me. But why is there a sudden “twinkle” in his eyes. He seems agitated. I could feel something is about to happen yet clueless of what it is. Then all of a sudden he gave me this calling card size paper containing a message I hardly understood, because when he put the damn thing in front of me, I froze and my heart beat stopped for a few seconds and I was thinking.. OH MY GAWD! WHAT IS THIS!!!??? He was grinning and was getting something out of his pocket… Still mesmerized and shocked by the piece of paper, he put this little black velvet box in front of me. OH MY! OH MY! Is all I could think. He was turning red. REALLY RED. He was squirming. He was stammering something that I couldn’t understand. I was paralyzed. Then I started to laugh silly. Laugh in a way that, I felt so “kilig” and I couldn’t believe Jet was trying all his best to be romantic about it but was failing really bad, but he was soooo damn cute. I wanted to hug him there and kiss him all over. Then we were both giggling like highschool kids. It took me a few minutes before I opened the box and saw the ring…

A ring that means a lot to him...

A ring that symbolizes a lot of things in our relationship...

A ring that binds me to him, until that day…

A ring...


(sorry for the awful camera shot... hehehe)

Haayy…. I can’t explain the feeling. I’m like and still am floating. It’s like you want to preserve that moment and replay it over and over and over again. Everything was priceless.

So what if he proposed to me inside a Chinese restaurant... So what if there are no roses… No sweet music… So what if he didn’t go down on one knee… So what if he stammered saying the words… Still it was the most romantic thing that ever happened to me and the most wonderful feeling I ever felt…

God… He was happy. You could see it. He is happy.

After that… We went straight to one of our favorite resto to celebrate. An event like that deserves one good meal…

We said goodbye by 3:30 He still has work tonight at 9 till 6 the next day. From work he’ll be going straight here and I’ll be cooking lunch. Can’t wait to hug and kiss him…

~~~~

Thank you. Thank you for all the love. Thank you for coming into my life and staying. Thank you for believing in us, for making this relationship work, for being strong, for being who you are. Thank you for being my best friend, for being there when I needed someone. Thank you.

Looking forward for more years together…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh?! anong kyut?!!! hindi a! langya! i'm insulted! heh heh! tinawanan ako!...joke lang! ILOVEYOU BE!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!! MARE!!!!!!!!!! naiiyak ako!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you!!! congratulations!!!

Ina said...

THANK YOU MARE!!! di ko nasabi sayo... nahihiya ako magtext about it eh... hehehe!!! :)