Monday, February 08, 2010

Is it really possible to be completely healed from a broken heart after just a few months?


In truth, yes it is possible because I have learned to forgive him and that is why now I can say that I have finally move on with my life. No more hoping and wishing for him to come back or to love me again. No more self pity no more this and that… No more regrets… Just a time to start loving myself and moving forward…


I never knew how wonderful it is to feel so free and liberated from all the angst of the past. I just woke up one day and felt no more loneliness or sadness of missing him or the bitterness of learning he found someone else. At first I felt betrayed, who wouldn’t be? But then again, it was a very slow process of healing and recovery and in the end I did survive it. What I learned from that experience, is that he was not the end of my life but the beginning of a new me and a new adventure.


It was a good start for the year 2010. Work is okay and I’m getting used to it now. The people I work with are great. We continue to know each other better and bond like a real family. Weekends now are spent either drinking session with them or just at home relaxing. Don’t have to worry about anything or anyone else but myself, my doggies and the people around me. I now have all the time in my life to do whatever I want and need. I never knew it could be this way, I thought a single person’s life is boring. Well, now I know why some people choose to be single. But of course I’m not closing my door to know someone someday and have a true partner in life not just a lover but somebody who would really go through life with me.


But for now, I’m pretty much content with what’s happening with my life. I couldn’t ask for more…


“Life is pretty simple…

If you ask for apples and you get lemons, make lemonade.

If you are on your way out and it starts to rain, at least you don’t have to water the plants.

It’s a matter of seeing things in perspective. The benefits may not be immediate or obvious,

but we have to know that there are problems and struggles.

Have faith. Enjoy life. Take it easy.

If today you’re picking the grapes, tomorrow you’ll be drinking the wine.”



No comments: