Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Dog Story


I just watched Hachiko, a Richard Gere movie based on a Japanese true story about a dog that waited for his master everyday at a train station even after his death; A story of loyalty and unconditional love.


I learned about this story when I was in highschool. I would always catch this show about Japan in channel 9 while I’m preparing for school and one day they feature this story of a bronze statue of a dog at a train station this caught my attention then years after a movie is made.


What really amazes me until now is the capacity of a dog to really love you unconditionally, to be loyal even though there are times when you’re not there to take care of them and when some times you’re too busy and yet they don’t mind and they still love you no matter what.


They will love you when you’re at your worse and be there at your best. No ifs or buts…


I love the movie… pero medyo bitin sya… Hehehe…


I love dog movies… they don’t fail to make me cry everytime…


~~~~~


Let me tell you a story about one of my dogs Mandy that really surprised me.


She’s my first dog and the “ate” of all my dogs here. A little bit spoiled and maldita too but could be very malabing at times. She loves Ate Lita, one of my angels here at home. At night, if Mandy wants to go out and pee she would wake up Ate Lita with her distinct bark and Ate Lita would know that she wants to go out and would open the window and Mandy would do her thing. When Mandy wants to go out she would wake Ate Lita and only her.


But one night, Mandy went to the angel’s room and started barking at Jenelyn and when she woke up thinking that Mandy just wants to go out, she started for the window but then Mandy went the opposite way to where I slept. Jenelyn thinking that there must be something wrong followed her immediately and found Mandy sitting in front of my door and wagging her tail. Only then that Jenelyn realized I was still asleep and it was already 11:30pm and I was going to be late. Then Mandy started barking again and Jenelyn knocked on my door and when I answered only then did Mandy stopped barking.


How could she know that I was still sleeping? How could she know I was going to be late if I didn’t wake up anytime soon? That was the only incident that I almost over slept since I’ve been working. I can’t still believe she did that. Hehehe! When I’m off to work she’s the one who sees me leave and when I come home she’s the first one to greet me. Like as if she could hear or smell me miles away, and when I open the door she’ll be there wagging her tail ready to jump and lick my face.


She’s getting a little old now. I’m not counting the years though; I’m looking forward to having her beside me till I grow old hopefully.


That’s just one of those stories I have with my dogs. I love all of them. They make me happy. They comfort me. They’re there no matter what.


No comments: