Saturday, July 15, 2006

Wunjo Experience

Jet and I rarely go to bars. But last night was different. Although it was still raining we went to Julia Vargas Avenue at Chakik’s and really really really had a good time!

A few days ago I came across the website of Wunjo and learned that they regularly play at Chakik’s every Friday of the week and every first Thursday of the month at 70’s Bistro. I immediately planned our weekend and didn’t tell Jet about it until the last minute where we’ll be spending our Friday night. He was excited like going to a field trip. Hehehe!

We arrived an hour and half early. A little too early. Eventhough we already killed time at Tiendesita’s buying stuff for my babies and had dinner at Freshka and had a wonderful seafood dinner. We were still a little too early for the show, so we had the pleasure of choosing our seat. Although the place was quite small and intimate, anywhere would be good enough to hear and see them. The first one to arrive was Mally Paraguya (bass) who came with two friends, and then the very good looking Vic Facultad (vox), then the drummer boy Jay Gapasin and the last one to arrived was Ian Umali (guitar). The keyboardist according to Mally, who came over to our table to greet us because he said he recognized Jet from Fete who was the only lone fan who had his photo taken with them, was not available. During the course of the discussion at one point, Jet showed Mally the pictures he took and edited from his mobile. Surprisingly, Mally requested for it to be sent via Bluetooth to his mobile. He’s such a NICE guy. I like him na! Hehehe!

After a few minutes, they started the show. Jet was in heaven after that conversation. He couldn’t believe that he just talked to one of his music heroes. You see, Mally together with Ian originally came from P.O.T. who by the way is having their reunion gig at 70’s this coming July 22, he’s been a fan of P.O.T. way back until the band broke-up and had their own respective bands today. Although I’m not a big Rock fan, I’m learning about them thru Jet and I’m quite happy about it especially when he introduced me to several bands and even different genres of music.

Back to the gig. The first time I heard Wunjo perform was at the 2006 Fete; honestly I couldn’t appreciate their song back then or even their performance. The reason was, I had a hard time listening to their music because it was an open area so the mucis isn’t that “buo”. I was just happy that Jet was happy to see them in the flesh. But the gig at Chakik’s was really different. The moment that Vic started to sing… My goodness… it was orgasmic! I mean, you wouldn’t believe that a big man like him would have a such wonderful voice. No pun intended. But his voice is so unbelievable. I closed my eyes and got lost. That’s the effect on me. Soulful. Guttural. Sexy. Wicked is how they describe their music. But for me, you could make love with their music in the background! Hehehe!!! The first set was consists of seven songs. Seven wonderful songs. They did The Police, Stevie Wonder, Commodores and Marvin Gaye just to name a few. On their second set, they sang three of their original compositions. I so loooove Somewhere! My god! I love it! I’m in love! Hope that they release their CD soon…
The gig started at 10pm and ended at around 1am… Jet had five bottles of beer and was still sober, which was a surprise to me because he gets intoxicated easily or maybe it’s because of too much adrenalin. And as for me, after five glasses of cosmopolitan I was happy. Wickedly happy! Hehehe! ;p

After congratulating the band of a wonderful performance, we went home. I was tired but happy. Jet slept over because it was already late and I wanted some cuddling… It was still raining and you know, it is so nice to cuddle with someone if the weather is like that. Hahaha!

It was a nice day that ended wonderfully…



I'm in love....


Vic Facultad (Wunjo/Indio I)

Ian Umali - Guitar (from P.O.T.), Jay Gapasin - Drums (Radio Active Sago) Mally Paraguya - Bass (from P.O.T.), not in the picture was guest guitaris Ariel from Color It Red and the absent keyboardist Tom Vinoya ( fromWajihuara)

I love them soooo much!

No comments: