Thursday, September 07, 2006

"Magkapatid po ba kayo?"

Last Friday Jet and I had our first experience of spa together. We didn’t have anything to do so I said let’s have a body massage and try this Big Apple Day Spa at Gateway. He was a little bit hesitant. Nahihiya daw sya. I said it would be another first for us as a couple and it would be really relaxing. Finally after an hour of bugging him, he said yes but in one condition, he will not remove his socks! Nyak! Really! I was appalled! First, it would look weird. Second, it would be uncomfortable. Third, he looks like a D.O.M.! Hehehe! But alas! He didn’t budge. He said he doesn’t care whatever the girl that would be attending him will say or think. The socks will stay. And they did! My goodness!

Funny thing about our experience was, when the girl who attended me asked me this inane question. (Note that we were brought into our own individual rooms, got prepared, and the connecting door between us was opened enabling us to see each other - half naked.) When the silly girl asked me “MAGKAPATID PO BA KAYO?” With all innocence or nangaasar lang talaga look. Hellar! Can’t you see I’m half naked here for my alleged “brother” to see?! Who in her right mind be half naked in front of her brother!? Hay dios ko ‘day! Nalokah ako!

Hay nako! Napigilan ko lang talaga sarili kong maging antipatika. I courtly said “No!” and pretended to sleep. To avoid any ridiculous question she still has in store.

The whole 45 minutes of my massage, all I could hear was the sounds Jet was making. Nakikiliti daw sya, nabibigla, medyo masakit daw pero masarap and all his grunts. Plus the slightly nakakairitang background music of the spa. I swear! Nakakairita sya. It was the same sound I heard when I was there a month ago having a foot massage. Is that the only CD they have? How I wished their CD player would get busted or something just to stop that damn music from playing over and over again!

Jet’s massage was for an hour. So I finished first and I just sat there draped in a towel while I talked to him. Then the girl attending him asked me if we were married, sasabihin ko sanang “Hindi, magkapatid kami!” sarcastically. Hehehe! When I heard myself saying “Yes!” Bigla kong naisip na, first time kong matanong about it. I decided to play along nalang. Then she asked if we have kids already, I said “No.” It felt good to pretend that we’re married. Usually, he was the one who gets the question. He told me he likes saying that we are married. He likes the idea of me being his wife, the sound of saying “she is my wife”. Aliw lang - that he is comfortable with that word. Married.

Anyhow, all in all the massage was nice - they have a very reasonable price too. He enjoyed every moment of it. In fact, yesterday he was suggesting that we do it again. The only disappointment was that, they don’t have a shower or their own comfort room. You have to use the one inside the mall. Which is a little far from the spa. Fortunately for us, before we went to Gateway and had our body massage, we already had a shower at home so hindi kami amoy pawis or puro alikabok or libag (yuck!) Eh how about those who came from work or traveled far and wanted to relax… eh di puro pawis at libag un noh! It would really be uncomfortable and sticky kung hindi ka muna makafreshen up before the massage, eh they use oil pa naman. Lethal combination. Oil and dirt! Putik ang labas! Hahaha!

Hay… We did have a great time and would certainly be back for more. Pero ligo muna ha?!

No comments: