Friday, September 15, 2006

Updates updates updates!

The past two weeks have been really exciting and at the same time boring for me… Hehehe! Nothing much happened really… A road trip, new restaurant and things that are almost but not quite enough… Ha! Life!

Went to Tagaytay with Jet because we were so bored and nothing really worked for us. Malling – He didn’t like. Movie – I didn’t like. He wanted to ride a bus from north to south but I wasn’t in mood to travel in a bus. Then he said we ride the MRT but I said, “baka puno”. So, after thinking and thinking over our melting ice cream, I said “Tagaytay!” Take note, it was already 2:30PM and our van is under the color coding. So Jet drove like crazy from Cubao to C5. By 2:58PM we were crossing the Kalayaan Intersection. We were safe!

4:30 we were eating bulalo at Mahogany Market. 5:30 sipping coffee at Starbucks. And by 8:30PM we were on our way home. Exhausting right? Especially on his part who lives in Muntinlupa. But he said it was worth it. Basta kasama nya daw ako, walang pagod pagod. How sweet…

Then, two days after we were supposed to go bowling but cancelled it at the last minute because his friends asked him if he wants to watch their gig at Tomas Morato and meet their producer. I said “Why not. Sige let’s watch them together with your band mates too.” So after all the negotiations where and the time to meet, unfortunately it got cancelled also because of the rain. Biglang umulan ng sobrang lakas! We decided nalang to go bowling as what we’ve planned earlier, but something funny happened along the way. Biglang nagloko ang van. Kalokah! So twice na syang nacacancel okay! We went home nalang instead and watched TV.

Tuesday, we went to Megamall again. Bowling. Must play bowling! But, I really don’t know why we are SOOOO jinx when it comes to that sport. For the third time, our bowling session was cancelled because there is a tournament scheduled until 8:00PM… Wow! What a bummer really! Three times! We watched Monster’s House instead and tried Mannang for the first time. We were supposed to eat at Mann Hann. My father’s favorite restaurant, but when I saw the line outside the resto, grabe! Gutom nako noh! We tried Mannang nalang. The resto beside it… Not a bad choice. Jet liked their binagoongang baboy. I, on the other hand liked their baked oysters and tauge with shrimps. Too bad Jet couldn’t eat the veggies because of the shrimps. Still allergic to it and I don’t think he’ll get cured – ever! Hehehe! Wala na akong kaagaw talaga sa shrimps! Dinner was really good! Oh! And the movie is… cute. Un lang.

Today, okay we thought nothing could really stop us. I got the van fixed last Monday and it was okay when we used it last Tuesday. No rain. No work. No gig. So what could possibly prevent us from going to Megamall and our bowling session? What?! WHHAAAATTT?!

The van! The van acted up again. I called Kuya Tony and asked what could be wrong with the van. Kumakadyot kasi and it was going stronger by the minute. He said to bring the van to our mechanic for a quick check up. Buti nalang at hindi pa kami malayo from Project 4. So yun… dahan dahan lang sya nagdrive to keep the van from making that funny movement na “kadyot”.

Mang Fermin said it was because of the sparkplug… Sira. So he just replaced the old ones. After like 15 minutes or less we were okay. Libre na daw. I was happy.. Hehehe!!! On the way I told Jet, “Bakit kaya laging hindi natutuloy o may aberya yung bowling natin? Maybe it’s a sign that we shouldn’t do it. Baka may disaster waiting.” And he agreed. Wag nalang ipilit kung ayaw ng tadhana! Kalokah talaga. So we decided na it will happen in its own time. Wag nalang planuhin.

We still went to Megamall, had coffee, window shopped, had dinner at Mannang.. I love their oyster talaga! Highblood nga lang… Then, I bought stuff for our babies and cakes for Nanay and our angels.

That’s it! In between days, it’s been stress, stress, stress and a lot more of stress. I ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Boring life. I’m thankful that Jet’s in my life to make it more colorful… And bearable.

~~~~

I’m contemplating about a big change in my life. I still don’t know where to start. But I know I must work on it fast before it’s too late. I don’t know. Life’s full of shit lately. Real shit.

~~~~

As what my Ate Cindy usually say (as opposed to what I usually say “Life’s a journey”) LIFE’S A JOKE!

~~~~

Oh before I forget, Steve Irwin died. That’s shit!

I love the guy. He made watching the animal kingdom enjoyable. I love watching him. You could feel his passion with what he does. You could see his good relationship with his family and the people he worked with. Mother Nature lost another soldier. He could have done a lot of things pa naman sana. Sad. Sad. Sad. My heart and prayers goes to his family and friends.

I hope Jeff Corwin won’t suffer the same faith. He’s funny and cute.

Sir David Attenborough is old already (did I got his name right?). He is the first person I watched during the 80’s who talked about snakes and all those creepy animals on TV that scared me at first but learned to love because of him. Honestly it was him also who inspired me to think about being a Marine Biologist or an Archaeologist.

Those were the days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought monster house was cute..