Sunday, October 08, 2006

What a weekend it was…

Friday, Jet and I together with my Nanay, Ate Lita and Jenelyn went to Loyola to see the grave of my dear Tatay. It’s been months since the last visit. The grave is well kept. Thanks to my ever faithful caretaker Mang Danny.

It was almost 5:30 PM when we arrived. A few people were there also. Lighting candles, saying a prayer and paying respect. I liked the ambiance. The sun beginning to set and all you could hear were the leaves from the trees surrounding us gently swaying with the wind. We lit some candles and said our prayers. My Nanay was asking a lot of questions, some of which we couldn’t understand. The only thing we understood was when she asked about my Tatay, her father and her mother. Who are all buried in front of her. All we could say was they’re all in heaven and all she did was stared at us blankly. I wanted to cry… I miss my Tatay. And I miss seeing my old Nanay. The Nanay I used to know. Before all these… But that’s another story. Sad story.

Before going home, we shared some food, few stories and a last prayer. It was around 7:00 PM when we left. But the moon was there to help us find our way back.


Finally, I’ve accomplished what I came for. I’ve told my Tatay what my plans are in the near future. And I hope he gave me his blessings.

After our trip to Loyola, Jet and I went to Coffee Bean for our ritual tea and cig. Then I decided to ask Jai (my best friend) if she wants to join me and Jet for coffee or something it’s been awhile since the three of us got together.

She came and we stayed there till 10:30 PM. Then we decided to bring Jai to her work in Makati. But along the way, being a bad girl that I am, I convinced her not to go to work anymore… Hehehe! So we decided to play billiards near her place in Marikina.


It’s been almost a year I think since Jai and I played billiards, Jet on the other hand I don’t know. But he is quite good, really good for a player who’s been inactive for so long. We had to remind him several times that we are also part of the game. My goodness! He was playing like a mad man!

After an hour and a half we called it a night. On the way home, I was convincing Jet to stay over but he was making all these excuses that really irritated me. So I just stopped convincing him and ignored him until he dropped us off and till the minute he was about to go home. Didn’t kiss him goodnight or even looked at him. I just sent him a message and when he replied that he’s home safe, I ignored him till the next day.

~~~~
Saturday, I just spent the whole day watching TV with Jai. She went home around 2PM and I slept after she left. When I woke up I still have this bad feeling inside me because of last night with Jet. I just don’t feel okay whenever we have our fights. It’s been a long time since we had one. So I sent him a text message asking him to call me. But what happened was we had another big fight. It ended up me slamming the phone on him which he really hates. He called again but I didn’t answer it anymore. I hated him so much. I slept with a heavy heart that night.

The next day I woke up from a sound of heavy footsteps approaching my room. I was listening for my babies to bark or make any noise. Usually they make noise when ever they see these certain people or when they see strangers. But I was curious and mad at the same time because they didn’t react to this person who’s making a lot of racket. When I turned in my bed to look whoever entered my room, I was really really surprised to see – who else! Jet. Looking so nervous. “Gising na! Bilis! Nandyan sa baba si Papa!” Boy! Talk about rude awakening. I was smiling when I saw his face because I thought he came over just to patch things up with me. I was saying to myself “Awww… Love nya talaga ako…” But when I heard him say “… Papa” I almost fell off my bed. “HUWAT?! WHY?!” His father wants to talk to me about something over coffee. I looked at the clock it was 10AM… Too early (for me on a Sunday)! I’m still sleepy. I told him that they should go ahead and I’ll just follow them. He went down but after a few minutes then he texted and told me they’ll wait for me outside. I told myself “This is crunch time!” So within 10 minutes I was ready. Went down and told him to fetch me inside our office. I didn’t want to go outside by myself. I was scared and so nervous because it is my first time to meet his father though we’ve been together for almost three years now. There’s always a first time for everything.

We had coffee at a McDonald near our place. We talked about this future business his father is planning to put up. I was staring at his father coolly half the time. I was so nervous I felt my mind freeze. Plus the fact that I was surprised, so mentally I was still not functioning until after our meeting. Hehehe! I was just smiling the whole time fidgeting with my coffee that tasted so bad. Jet on the other hand is cool, sipping his black coffee, nodding and sometimes teases me with his foot. It was the longest two hours of my life though it was nice meeting his Papa finally.

So after dropping me off, Jet and I still exchanged messages. His message was “So, are we okay already?” which I answered with “Hindi pa! Dahil lang sa Papa mo kaya kita binati kanina noh!”

But of course it was not true…

This weekend felt like I was celebrating father’s day… Hehehe!

No comments: