Tuesday, January 03, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Jetlog, masyado ka ata seryus dyan! :)
Hotel Veniz, Baguio Dec. 27-30, 2005

Goodness! What a year it was. I’m glad I survived all the stress. God! I just hope things will be different this year. I really hope and desperately pray.

Christmas Day, I just spent it at home with our angels. I didn’t feel like celebrating it with the rest of the clan. I wanted to rest and have peace and quiet for a change. I slept almost the whole day and watched T.V., all the while thinking about my Baguio trip with Jet. I’m more excited about that. Hehehe!!!

December 26 at 10:30 p.m. Jet, together with his brother, fetched me at home. Fritz was going to drop us at Victory Liner Cubao. We were supposed to take the Deluxe trip at 12:15am, but then due to misinformation, there was no scheduled trip that day. Oh my!!! Luckily there was no long queue for the regular trip. So we took that instead. At 1:15 a.m. we boarded 1886 Victory Liner Bus, got comfortable and prepared for the six hour trip ahead of us. I was in a hyper mood because I couldn’t believe that we’re finally leaving Manila behind for a four days three nights vacation in a place special to me. Hihihi!!!

We spent the first night at Jade Pension House. My brother and I used to stay there before during the summer when we usually watch Marlboro Tour. I used to find that place homey and comfortable but then, after almost ten years, the place changed. The next day we transferred to Hotel Veniz. Right at the heart of the city. I loved the place. It’s near Session Road, the market and Burnham Park. Plus! You got McDonalds with in the building!

What I love about our vacation aside from the qt we had, was our stroll around the city. We walked up and down Session Road countless times especially during the night when sleep couldn’t find us, we walked from the newly built Victory Liner Terminal to Ibay’s Silver Shop at the Lions Club, and we walked around SM Baguio just to see how big the place was although it was soooo cold. While we talked and talked about us, our plans, our future. We enjoyed also our window shopping in the market. Our inihaw na pusit in Mine’s View and fooling around with the kinky key chains. I had a good laugh there! I loved the surprised breakfast he got and our midnight snack bought at Burnham Park turo-turo while we were on our pajamas. Our Swiss dinner along Session Road. Our coffee break at CafĂ© by the Ruins and Rumuors. Our baraha tournament. Our drinking moments. Our funny videos made out of boredom. Hehehe!!! I’m really glad we had that vacation. After almost two years of being together I know we both needed that. We need to at least spend some time just the two of us. I feel that it is the only way that we’ll know each other more deeply and make the bond stronger.

We also went to the two churches I frequently visit during my trips there, The Cathedral and St. Joseph. When we first arrived in Baguio the Cathedral was the first place we went to. There was, exactly during that time, a wedding being held, so we only prayed outside the church and took a peeked inside... Funny thing though, for our last day in Baguio, we visited St. Joseph and by the looks of it, a wedding was just held there. Hhmm… is it a sign?! Hahaha!!! And we were the only people inside, surrounded by all the flowers and serenity of the church. Awww…. I was… Nothing…. :) I was smiling the whole time.

Our trip home was a lot more tiring. Although we had the chance to take the Deluxe Trip back to Manila, we left Baguio in an ungodly hour, at 1:15 p.m. of December 30. So, in Tarlac, traffic awaited us. Goodness! Would you believe! The supposedly five hour trip became an eight hour trip!!! God! I thought I lost my ass already. Jet’s iPod already drained, he borrowed mine and got it drained also! Goodness! I wanted to throw-up. But when I think about what we had in Baguio, the pain was all worth it. I wouldn’t change any single bit of experience. Never.

The only sad part was, I was worried about the people I left behind. Nanay, the angels and of course my baby – Mandy. I was so eager to go home and be with them.

It may be very mababaw or some people would say “Hmp! Baguio lang yan noh! No big deal!” But this trip really means so much to me. It brought me closer to the person I love and it helped me let loose all the negative things I acquired during the entire year of 2005 or else I’ve gone insane already. I jokingly told Jet – next stop! Boracay! Hehehe! How I wish! Maybe!

That was all what I did for my Christmas vacation. Can’t wait for summer to come though! Jet told me we’re going to Nueva Ecija to visit his relatives from his mother’s side. He made plans already! Yahoo! Just wish that nothing would come up to change that. Hehehe!

Anyways, that’s my trip to Baguio. Better hit the sack. I’m tired and very sleepy. Nyt nyt!!! :)

No comments: