Friday, January 27, 2006

A wonderful day...

Trip to Batangas
Jet and I went to Batangas today to visit some relatives from my mother’s side because a cousin is going back to Canada and I need her to bring some stuff for my sister. Nanay came with us. She wanted to see them also and visit the place where she grew up. Two days before, she was really excited with our trip. She kept saying she wanted to go home already. It makes me happy to see her all keyed up and in a good mood.

We left at around 7:30 in the morning. A little late for me but Jet said it was okay. We’re not in a hurry. He wanted the trip to be comfortable as much as possible for Nanay. After one last stop at one of the gasoline station located at south superhighway, we continued with our travel. Normally, when I go there it was with Ate Cindy’s family and it would only take us like an hour to get there but today because of the traffic and Jet being careful not to over speed, it took us 1 hour and 30 minutes. Not bad… Nanay didn’t get bored because if she did she would have told us so. She has her funny way of letting you know that she is.

When we arrived everybody was there… Tita Mareng – my Nanay’s cousin, Ate Edna, Ate Digna, Ate Minda.. all Tita Mareng’s daughter and my cousins. We had a good time eating papayas, watermelon and for brunch we had fish and vegetables. Much to Jets liking (he’s on diet kasi.. mind you, he already lost 10 lbs. after a month of dieting). Hehehe! Nanay had a good breakfast and lunch. She was happy. Next hours were spent reminiscing about the good old days. While Jet and I ate more puto for dessert.

At around 12:30nn Nanay wanted to go home already. There’s no stopping her. And I agreed because of the bad weather there. I was thinking about the travel back home. Don’t want any hassle because of the rain and all. And besides my aunt and my cousins need to attend a funeral. So after some take-home ulam. We said goodbye.

It was fun… I mean, seeing Nanay happy. Although she was a bit tired, I knew she was happy. I on the other hand was so sleepy! Jet woke me up at 5:30 in the morning; I had only two and a half of sleep. He said he was already in our gate and need to park their car in our garage and check our van. Goodness… I wanted to sleep through out the journey but I didn’t want too, I’m afraid to influence Jet, who like me, lacks sleep also. But he was okay. We were listening to our local radio station regarding the arrival of Manny Pacquiao. That helped us be awake and be alert throughout the travel.

We arrived home at around 1:30pm… Jet and I slept from 2pm till 5:30. I was tired and so sleepy. Upon waking up we played with my dogs. Prepared dinner. I made salad for his diet and fish –again for our ulam. Around 8:00pm he was ready to go home to have a game of basketball with his high school buddies.

Yup that was my day. Now, I’m a bit sleepy and I'm missing Jet again.. Hehehe…

Well… anyway… I need to sleep already.. It’s a big day tomorrow. Wwhaa!!! Wish my Ate was here to handle these things… Wwwhaaa!!! Nyt nyt!!!

No comments: