Monday, February 13, 2006

Trip to the Vet

Last Sunday we brought my three dogs to their doctor. It was Lisa's first trip to my vet since I got her a month ago. She's three months old now. Finally had her anti-rabies vaccine and a follow-up vaccine of 5-in-1, her de-worming isn't due for at least 2 more months. She’s in excellent condition.

Mandy on the other hand is sick. She's been shredding a lot of her fur and wouldn't eat right. My vet told me she might have heartworm disease. I’ve only started reading books/magazines about pets and I’ve read some topics about heartworm disease and how it affects our pets. But what I didn’t know was a lot of owners who have dogs infected by this disease had their pets put to sleep instead of going under the knife. My vet said the reason was they’re not sure if the dog could recover from the operation or the disease be cured. So instead of having their pet suffer, they resort to mercy killing. Now now now, that is something I don’t want to do. I love my dogs dearly. If vaccine and medication could help, no matter how much they cost, I would do it. For now, my vet gave her heartworm vaccine, de-worming, medication and a new vitamin. At present I think the vaccines are helping Mandy fight the disease. She’s eating well and isn’t shredding that much. Thank goodness!!! She still has two more vaccines left.

Stanley is as always healthy as ever. I don’t have any problem with him every time we visit the vet. He also had de-worming & heartworm vaccine.

Three dogs and three different personalities. Having them all together in one room could be a complete chaos. Lisa is so loud and always craves for attention; Mandy loves to be scratch and likes to be greeted first; Stanley (pogi) is the quiet one but when Mandy’s there… naku! Sasakit ulo mo! Kakasaway! Hehehe!

At present they keep me busy and happy. Help me with my stress. I just wish Lisa and Mandy could get along… For now I try to keep them separated and limit their interaction… Mandy gets easily irritated with Lisa’s constant barking. After 5 minutes of playing Mandy gets angry and would try to bite Lisa’s head... Just like any ordinary sisters… Hehehe! I love them so much… Mandy’s birthday is on March 26 while Stanley’s on the 5th... it’s a double celebration for their first year of life…

No comments: