Sunday, June 11, 2006

Puerto Galera Part 1

It's been one good weekend for me. Actually I never thought it would ever happen… But it did and I’m soooooo happy!

Wednesday (June 7), I was still trying to convince Jet to go with me. But I knew he wouldn’t let me leave all by myself. Konsensya nalang nya noh. So after bugging him endlessly, he finally said yes! Thursday, I was busy the whole day. So I wasn’t able to fix my things for the trip or see if I still needed some more stuff. After making the payroll, I went to Cubao to do some last minute shopping.

I started packing at around 9pm and didn’t finish until 2am. Jet told me if I was going to bring my whole closet with me. Took me five hours to pack one single backpack! Hehehe! I was tired and so sleepy. I didn’t even have time to play with my babies before I went to bed. Jet was up all night playing poker with his friends. He will sleep in the bus on the way to Batangas Pier nalang daw. Friday, after two hours of sleep, I woke up, had my breakfast, showered and called Jet to check if he’s ok. I told him to meet me at the station in front of Ali Mall at 6am. We’ll be taking Alps Bus Liner.

Goodness! I was really ecstatic! I was grinning the whole time I was ready to leave the house, boarded the taxi and seeing him standing near a donut shop! Grabe! This is it pansit! We’re leaving na! (I thought). At 6:15, the bus left the station. I said goodbye to Cubao and as soon as we entered the South Luzon Express Way, I fell asleep. And after two and a half hours, we were entering the Batangas Pier. Though the place has been renovated, a lot of things seemed to be familiar with me. People asking where we’re going, convincing us to ride their boats, buy pasalubong, eat at their karinderya. Jet on the other hand was oblivious to his surroundings. Still thinking about that boat ride he’ll be taking for the first time. He’s scared! Hehehe! I bought two tickets from MV Brian which was leaving at 8:45am… we didn’t have time to sit at the waiting area, we headed straight to the gate and walked to this big big boat… I don’t know what its name is. It’s not a RORO… It’s a BIG boat that could carry like 30-40 passengers? But because it is an off season, we were less than 20. Which is good because hindi kami crowded. We were delayed for 15 minutes but as soon as I heard the engine was turned on, I was excited! We still have 1 and a half hour to two hours to get to White Beach. And I missed traveling by boat. Hindi kasi ako mahilohin sa dagat. Jet was at first holding my hand. He smoked a couple of cigs before he got the hang of it. Plus, he was the only person there who was scared as a cat. Hehehe! It was fun.

We arrived in White Beach at around 11am. I didn’t want to walk anymore to look for a place to stay because it was hot and I was hungry already. We took the nearest available and nice place we could find. We stayed at White Beach Nipa Hut and Restaurant. We paid 1,500 a night for a good-for-three-person room, with aircon and a cable TV. It was a good place; near the MV Brian Station (tapat lang talaga), near Peter’s Bar and Restaurant and the other bars in the island. I guess it was a good choice.

For our first day, we slept for an hour before we went out to check out the place. We had lunch at Peter’s Bar and Restaurant. Goodness me! Good food and good serving! I’m telling you, you’ll have your moneys worth there. Every centavo is worth it man! After that, we rested more before we headed for the beach. I have never seen White Beach almost as empty as it was the day we arrived there. I loved it. It was quiet and ika nga ni Jet, “sarap lasapin ang view”. So, I had my body massage there, while Jet read a book. It was so good! Grabe! For only 200 you’ll have a whole body massage. We waited for the sunset and took some pictures.

- the beach almost empty-



- I love watching the sunset...-

- especially if you have someone to watch it with-

After that we walked in the beach, checked out other activities, bars and souvenir shops. Jet convinced me to have a Henna Tattoo and I decided to have it on my right hand (A Mhendi Art). Then we went back to our place and… I had a shower and we (heh heh)… rested for a while. Had dinner at Peter’s and went out to celebrate our first night. We went to Mindorine Bar and met "Mia" our waitress (a very jolly person) I really liked her err.. him.. her... whatever and we had one pitcher of Mindoro Sling (a rave there!) Damn! I’m telling you. It kicked me in the ass! I was drunk after my 10th shot! Jet had two beers and a few shots. I got drunk so fast because he was teaching me how to play poker and loser takes a shot or shots depending on how many we bet. He was really trying to get me drunk and I was losing big time. Goodness! ¼ of the Mindoro Sling was only left when I surrendered and told him I’m drunk as a skunk and he better bring me to our room fast or else I’ll pass out in our table. He was laughing. I was crying. I was so happy to be there and alcohol got into me. I became so emotional. Funny, the next day I don’t even remember some of it. Hehehe! But I was happy! :)

No comments: