Friday, June 02, 2006

Dinners

Just got back from a wonderful dinner with my friends from AMA. It’s been a long long time since I last saw them. I think it was my birthday back in 2001? Ahhh…. I’m bad with dates…

It was really great seeing Nancy and Ate Saly again. It’s like a trip back to memory lane. Am I that old? Hehehe! Grabe! They’re still the same crazy girls I knew back then. Nancy is still horny as ever and Ate Saly’s still the same mahinhin – kuno! Nancy came with her husband. Finally! Met him na. It was a good crazy dinner at Superbowl of China at Gateway Mall. I think we were the loudest table there. We even saw Cris, a school mate.

It all started with an e-mail. Nancy, after missing for almost five years, suddenly e-mailed me! I was really surprised! I even cried reading her e-mail. Because ever since she left AMa I’ve been searching for her. But after a long time of no success, I finally gave up. But I couldn’t forget about her. She’s been my best friend during my AMA days and she helped me a lot and she’s been really good to me. Every now and then, I would think about her and whatever happened to her. I thought she’s already based in Canada. But life’s really full of surprises. She told me, she’s been through a lot. Aww.. I really missed her. I missed talking to her about relationships, family problems… serious stuff and sometimes crazy stuff. We didn’t have that chance because Jet was with me and Emer, her husband was there too. Maybe next time she visits Manila. She lives is Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija. Layo but she said I could visit her anytime I want. I wish I could.

Anyway, too bad I wasn’t able to charge the damn digicam! Dami sana pictures. Oh well! Maybe next time! There will be a next time!

Good food with good friends! I couldn’t ask for more!

~~~~~

After dinner I asked Jet if I could have a few bottles of beer. It's been a stressful week for me. And whenever it involves money and work... Goodness! I need a break! So when he said "Alright. But we’ll both only have two bottles each ok?" I immediately said yes! I thought I wanted to drink a little bit more than two bottles and I would persuade him when we get there nalang for the two more extra bottles. Hehehe!

I suggested we go to (again) Que Rico. We're already regular customers there. Hehehe! For the first time I didn't ordered any food (pulutan). I just needed beer! Beer! Beer! Iced cold BEER!!! And when the bottles were gone, I was looking – begging for another beer. But with a firm tone he said, “Didn’t I said two bottles only?” Ayun! Wala na! All I could do was nod my head as he asked for the bill. Oh well… Two bottles are better than none at all… Hehehe! Hindi kasi sya malakas uminom… Kainis! :p

~~~~~

Last night, I had this craving for Italian food. I sms Jai and asked her if she’s wants to eat at my favorite resto, Italianni’s for dinner before she goes to work. She agreed.

We had a salad, a pasta, eggplant parmageana (tama ba spelling ko? Hahaha!) and calamares. I had a watermelon shake which was too sweet and she had grape shake. Grabe! Nothing beats my stress but my comfort foods!

Three hours later, Jai’s on her way to work and I’m on my way home.

Ahhh…. Life’s little pleasure.

No comments: