Sunday, March 26, 2006

Books! Books! Books!

Today is Mandy's 1st birthday. I didn’t cook anything as I’ve planned. I just bought the foods. Nag enjoy naman ang mga dogs sa ice cream nila and so did Ate Lita and the rest of the angels.

After that Jet and I went to Pasig for the Powerbooks Warehouse Sale. Grabe! Nahilo ako sa daming books at nakakahilo rin dahil ang INIT sobra!!! I bought 2 Paulo Coelho books under 50% off (The Pilgrimage and The Fifth Mountain), a Milan Kundera (the one I wanted to buy kaso namamahalan ako for a small book, I was waiting for a sale sa NBS, luckily nauna ang PB mag sale!) under 20% off and a Vogue Make-Up book by Juliet Cohen under 20% off. Jet bought a couple of books about photography, something about rock and roll scandals and a Spanish dictionary, he wants to learn Spanish daw... I wanted to buy more but I couldn’t stand the heat. I guess I’ll be back nalang before April 1. I want the book my Kevin Aucoin. I hope it’ll be there pa by the time I return :(

(I love books. I really love them. Not just books by the authors I like but the book per se. I don’t know why. But when I’m in a library, a good library, I feel happy… Wait! Happy is an understatement… Ecstatic! Is the right word. Basta… Kaya one of my wish is to have a good library here in Quezon City just like in other countries.. Like sa area nila Ate Cindy. Talagang library in every sense.)

Anyways, we didn’t do anything today. Jet’s not feeling okay. We were supposed to watch Nanny McPhee but opted for a drink at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Mga adik sa Japanese Cherry Tea eh! Hehehe! After that, we decided to have dinner dapat at Que Rico, but I said I want a burger, so he bought nalang something from Bite Club. Tapos umuwi na kami. Sa house nalang daw namin kainin. He’s not really feeling okay. Aww…. Buti nalang at hindi matutuloy yung out-of-town nila tomorrow. Pwede syang magpahinga…

Ahhh..... It’s late already and yet sleep wouldn’t descend on me.

No comments: