Sunday, May 14, 2006

One's Vanity


I first had my nail polished the day after I graduated from highschool. Freedom I guess. We were not allowed to have our nails colored then. The nuns were very strict and I was scared to be caught.

I still remember the color, almost purplelish but darker and I loved it. Ever since then, I would occasionally get my nails done. I would grow them and keep them clean. I would buy bottles and bottles of nail polish mostly in shades of dark red and put them myself. If a lot of girls were concern about their hair or skin, I was obsessed with my nails.

In 2000, I came across Acrylic Nails, artificially sculptured nails. Now, I don’t have to wait for weeks to grow them, they were instant. Very nice, sturdy and they don’t come cheap. But they were worth it baby! The longest time I had them on were six months. The salon that caters to my obsession is Tips ‘N Toes in Megamall. Sometimes I would get my nails done twice a year or sometimes whenever I feel I needed to be pampered or I needed a change, some girls would cut their hair, I on the other hand would get acrylic nails!

Now why am I blogging this… Nothing really. I’m just obsessed with nail polish! Hehehe!!! They make me happy whenever I feel sad. They comfort me when I need to be comforted.

Now, If only we have OPI and ESSIE stores here, I would be in heaven!

No comments: