Thursday, May 11, 2006

Trip To The Doctor

Last week May 3, I went to see my doctor. It’s been 2 years since I went for a physical examination and I was so nervous because I knew how it felt and I knew it would hurt. Alas! Due to my nervousness my monthly period came. Dr. Lilia cancelled the examination and instead she wanted me to have a trans-v and my sugar tested and said to go back once my period stop and together with my test results. Goodness! I was scared. Scared in a sense that, what the results would be and Doc would tell me it’s too late for me to have kids. Isn’t that a nightmare?

Anyways, two days after, Thelma our medtech friend came to our house to take my blood samples at 5:30 am till 9am! I was not allowed to eat or take anything liquid since 7pm the night before. I was so hungry. And the only thing I had for that morning was this liquid stuff she made me drink. It was so sweet and I didn’t like the taste. Grabe! She said it would determine if my blood sugar would go high enough to make me a candidate for diabetes. Four times she took blood samples from me. Four injections. Wwhaaa!!! She said she would bring the result that same day. I was excited to know if I was over the limit or not.

At around 9:30 pm she brought the results. She also did Hepatitis A and B tests and…. No Reaction! I guess I’m safe! Hehehe! The other results I believe I’m normal because it was within the limit. The other stuff… I didn’t know because I couldn’t understand the terms used. Hehehe!

Wednesday, May 9, I went back to Capitol Medical Center, this time Jet went with me. We went to OB Ultrasound to have my Trans-V. We were giggling while waiting for my turn. Joking about what the doctor might find inside me. Plus the fact that we were the only couple there who are not pregnant… The ultrasound went well. We got the result very quick. But we had to wait for an hour before Dr. Lilia arrived. And when it was my turn, she told me that it was good that overall I was within the limit. But she is worried about my weight. She wants me to lose them. She told me she’ll recommend a good nutritionist and she would give me medicines to stabilize my period. So far I’m good. Whew! I just thank Jet for being patient with me and for being supportive that day; that even though he was tired and sleepy because he stayed up late that previous night. Sana hindi sya nadala! Hehehe! With that all done, I’m due to go back to my Oby-Gyne after 3 months.

Till then… Have to take my medicines and start my fucking diet! Wwhhaaa!!!


P.S.

The people at home think I’m pregnant! Just because they heard me talking about going to my Oby-Gyne and having an ultrasound. Goodness! How I wish I was! How I wish! Hahaha!!!

No comments: