Sunday, August 20, 2006

Celebration

On Tuesday, Jet and I will be celebrating our two and a half years of being together. It is a big accomplishment for both of us. This is the longest relationship we’ve been in and so far the most fulfilling one, in so many ways, for me.

I remember our first few months were so chaotic and I was torn between two people. I knew loving both of them wouldn’t be just and I had to choose eventually. It wasn’t easy. I prayed and prayed for guidance. I was crying every night. But it all ended when a close friend of mine asked me, “Between the two of them, who makes you happy the most?” Right then, I knew who to choose. It was this insane guy who makes me laugh, who’s crazy enough to come all the way to Quezon City just to be with me – anytime I would want him to, this guy who from the moment I heard his voice I fell in love with already, this guy who I didn’t judge by the way he looks, this guy who in time eased every questions I had in mind and this guy who I was willing to gamble everything (without knowing the reason why) just to be with. I just had this gut feeling that kept telling me to choose him. That it is him that I needed and wanted all along. And true enough… After two and a half years, I’m still happy. He still makes me feel that tingling sensation whenever he looks at me.

We’re not a perfect couple. We do have our own share of madness. We fight. We have terrible fights mostly because of me. Yes I would admit that because I always want my way our way or no way at all. But he changed that. He made me realize a lot of things about me in which my other past relationship never did; I guess love could do that. Change us when we least expect it would. Yes it is unfair to compare what went before from what I have now. What I’m saying is, no one among them dared to take over the relationship or stood up against me. Jet did all that. He was braved enough to go against me just to make me realize my mistakes and the things that I’m doing badly and I’m thankful for that.

There are also times that I felt frustrated with our relationship. Times where in Jet was being difficult and I wanted to give up. But that was before I realized to just let loose and let things happen as they come. I couldn’t let him go just like that because at the back of my mind there is still something for both of us here. There is something in this relationship that I can’t explain. And according to him there are also times that he wanted to give up on me but it always come down to one thing, it was the love that he feels for me that makes him stronger; that keeps him grounded to this relationship.

For the past two years that we’ve been together, every time that we celebrate our anniversary I would always ask him this one question: “Are you still up for one more year with your crazy girlfriend?” In which he would gladly say yes. Occasionally I would ask him if he’s okay. Okay in a sense that, he’s alright within the relationship. If he doesn’t feel anything wrong. If he doesn’t feel something is missing or I can’t provide something that he needs and wants in this relationship. Maybe due to paranoia or whatever it is, I just want to check on him if he’s still okay with me, if there is any issue that’s bothering him and he just can’t let me know. But so far, things are all right between us. Except for petty stuff that comes in between every now and then. Like my PMS… that suddenly turns me into this monster every time I get my period which drives him really really nuts much to my amusement. Hehehe!

Right now, I couldn’t imagine myself being in another relationship or with any man for that matter. For me, he’s a perfect compliment of who I am. I might have a strong personality but he learned to direct me to the right path. He learned to tame that insane woman inside me… And I’m happy that in some ways I have also influence him to become who he is now. He’s changed so much from that guy that I met in Starbucks, Shangri-La years ago. Changed for the better.

I read somewhere that a relationship is something that could bring out the best or worse in you. I hope and continue to wish that this relationship of ours would continue to bring out the best in both of us and change anything that could be bad.

In this relationship I have given up a lot of things and yet gained so much more than I expected.

I gained a partner, a lover and a best friend.

Someone who I am willing to give up anything to be with. Someone who is a great person inside and out (few people knows that). Someone who has so many potentials but needed a little push once in a while. Someone worthy giving my time and life. Someone worth loving with every breath of my life.

To that, I thank God for bringing him into my life in a most unexpected time.

I thank him for clicking my name in that chat room. (Yes we found and met each other in a most unlikely place – the internet.)

Thank you for giving so much and yet asking so little…

Thank you for loving me in spite of…

Thank you for all the care…

Thank you for all the ups and downs…

All the good and bad…

All the love…

No comments: