Saturday, August 19, 2006

Friday Night

Yesterday, we were supposed to have dinner with Jet's friend, Christian, at Atoy's but due to some event that Jet wouldn't tell me, we had to cancel it and resched. So we have nothing to do again. Nothing planned. So I told him let's go to Mall of Asia and hang out there. The traffic was not that bad to think it was already 5:30pm when we left my place. Only took us 45 minutes to get there.

Upon arriving Jet was already hungry and wanted to eat noodles – mami (naglilihi ata!) and I wanted to eat sushi. I’m not a noodle person kasi; I like the soup part though, so we were arguing where to eat until I saw this restaurant named Crazy Roll. Fusion of something…. I forgot their tag line… They have sushi and noodles… Thank god! Plus with a reasonable price!

We ordered for Chicken Teriyaki Don, Tempura, Tamago Sashimi (our favorite!), Mixed Sushi (his favorite), and his noodles that I forgot the name. I didn’t bother to take pictures because we didn’t like the service. It took them like 25 minutes to serve the tamago and mixed sushi. I was almost done with my teriyaki don and he was done with the noodles plus rice. He was angry already because he got used to eating the tamago or any sushi we order (like in Teriyaki Boy) before eating his main course. He was suggesting canceling the order but I didn’t want to be mean and I wanted to eat my tamago! The foods were really good but the service needs improvement.

For dessert we bought these cute ice creams in small cones. Thumbs… Something… I’m really bad with names. I believe Dominic Ochoa owns it. We tried five different flavors (cheese, cookies ‘n cream, chocolate, cotton candy, and mango). We had fun eating them while we walked, like silly kids. Jet was eating them in one bite and I was taking my time finishing one as if I was eating a regular cone! Hihihi! Then we went to Astrovision and he bought this album by Makatha. A new band, he was just curious how they sound. Hmm… Me too. Then he was browsing through OPM section when he saw these:




I was really surprised! I bought all of them! I mean how lucky was I to get all three of them after what? Almost 10 years of being released? I couldn’t believe they were still available… My god! They were my generation. The music I grew up with. The first rock band I was really into. We had to open it immediately. We had coffee at Delifrance and had a good time checking out our


purchases. I was still in heaven when someone shouted my name. It was Baby, my ever loyal supplier of some of my clothes, particularly my jeans and maong shorts. I sooo love her products. She gives the right size and they are very trendy too. It’s been a long time since she visited me at home. I’ve known her for almost half of my life. She’s also my Nanay’s and Ate Cindy’s supplier. After a little chit chat she said goodbye.

It was still early to go home. 10:00pm. I still wanted to spend time with Jet and I was bugging him about Wunjo at Chakik’s (since last week). I miss Vic and his wonderful voice. He said he would only agree to go there if we watch only one set of their show and I said yes. Better than nothing at all.

When we got there Scarlet was on stage. Nice voice. When ever I look at her I see the Scarlet during the Putreska years… someone dancing widely dressed in outrageous clothes. But the Scarlet in front of me was someone tamed, in pretty clothes and having fun singing Jazz. She’s so friendly and bubbly. I like her. When it was time for Wunjo’s set, it was Mally who greeted us first. He came to our table to shake Jet’s hand. He even asked us if we know him. Crazy Mally! As is we’re going to forget him. I was eyeing Vic but he was with this bunch of crazy guys, I think in their reunion or something. They were noisy but tolerable and pretty much a good looking bunch. Hehehe! Before Vic went on stage he tapped our table, nodded and smiled at us. Aawww…. Kinilig ako! I’m so damn in love!!! I had fun… Jet was happy that he was still remembered by the band members. There was even a time during the show while Mally was having his solo, Vic approached him and squeezed his shoulder and he just smiled at me! Damn it! Mas type ba nya lalake!??? Aba! Aba! There I was looking at him with dreamy eyes (with t.l. – tulo laway! YUCK!) and he didn’t even approach me. But Jet who was not looking at him he cared to greet. God! Bading ata ang lolo mo!!! Hmp! Jet was laughing at my frustration. I couldn’t believe it!!!

Just kidding... I think I was too obvious that I really like him. Hehehe! Baka naintimidate or something OR natakot! Eventhough, I still LOVE HIM!

The first set ended at around 1am. We had to call it a night. I was sleepy and Jet was quite drunk. We said our goodbyes and went home. I wanted Jet to sleep over at my place but he said he has basketball the next day. Instead he suggested that we meet on Sunday so that we could hear mass. Hmm… that’s a surprise. He suddenly wants to go to mass. Okay… I guess I’ll see him tomorrow then…

That’s my friday gimik… Not much though… I love the CD’s… and my VIC!!! :p

No comments: