Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hair Day

Yesterday I had a hair spa and a perm. Oh yes! A perm! I don't know what the hell I was thinking and why in the world did I ever do it. Hoping against hope that what I did would turn out to be a good decision for me. Alas! According to my friends and my angel’s the new hairstyle fits me well. I hope they’re not saying it because they don’t want to hurt my feelings… Hehehe!

It’s been over a decade since I had my hair perm. Since then, it’s been always either hot oil, color or a simple cut for me. Never perm. But last night, maybe it was out of boredom or the bad spirits possessing me. Jet and I just finished watching Nacho Libre – maybe it was Jack Blacks curly hair that inspired me unconsciously! – And we were walking around Megamall when I saw the Ricky Reyes hair salon. I’ve been contemplating about getting my hair fix. As in FIX talaga. Because it’s been hanging there limp and dry and I’m so sick of tying it up all the time. I wanted something new. Drastically new. Like a new haircut or something. But curls won me over. Suddenly I found myself being fixed with the curlers and soon the same old scent of the curling solution engulfed me. I was excited and at the same time skeptical about the end product. Questions came flying from no where. Will it fit me well? Will it go with my personality? How will I care for it? Will Jet like it? Won’t I look like a bimbo? Won’t I look stupid with it? What the fuck am I doing here!!!??? Whaaaa!!!! But I want a new change in my life right? New me right? Kaya panindigan mo yan bruha! Bwahahaha!!! :p

Jet walked around the mall the first 30 minutes I was there. When he got tired he went back to the salon and just sat there beside me. Imagine he sat there for three hours! And He was behaved the whole time – no fidgeting or whatsoever, maybe because of the people around him. Poor Jet, he was suffering but couldn’t do anything about it. Ika nga, napasubo na raw sya. Mas gusto daw nya dun sa Tip’s N’ Toes kasi mas nakakausap nya mga tao. Kabiruan kasi nya yung nail tech ko eh. Close na sila. Kalokah!


The result, I liked it actually - which is good. But it would take time for me to get used to it. I look different I guess. I don’t comb my hair that much – which I love. Hehehe! Though I need to find a good product for curly hair. The next good thing about having my hair done at Ricky Reyes is the 50% discount I got because after all they’re our client! Thank you to my brother who made it possible.

We left Megamall around 9pm already, way pass the color coding. Jet was tired and I was still high with my curls.

The last message I got from Jet before going to bed was, “Be, d2 nko bhay! Gudnyt…Iloveyou! Ndi nko sama syo ricky reyes! Waaaa!” Don’t worry be, hindi na kita isasama dun ulit! But thank you thank you talaga for being so nice and so good to me. Imagine, you did stay with me and never once complained for three hours. I LOVE YOU more for that! Hehehe!

No comments: